Search This Blog

Sunday 19 August 2012

If God says Yes, Who can Say No?


Back in 2003, I gave birth to a very healthy, beautiful little girl, Kalei, who is now 6 years old. After a few years, my husband and I decided to try for a second child. We had no trouble conceiving Kalei, so I thought becoming pregnant would happen fast for me, but I was so wrong. 

After a few years trying, praying and crying, I decided to talk to my family doctor. He then reffered me to the doctor in the hospital, who confirmed my doctors suspicion, I have PCOS-Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. There are a lot of symptoms with this syndrome, and the biggest one is having a slim chance or no chance at all of becoming pregnant. I was still in the early stages, so the Doctor told me, if I want to have another baby, that I would have to go on fertility pills. 

I agreed, thinking that it probably wouldn't work b/c my husband works away in Alberta. I took the pills and on the day I was most fertile, my husband was gone away. I thought, "what's the point" . I went to the doctor for a checkup, waited 3 hrs before I gave up and came home, he was busy, I'm assuming, so I just left. And I was mad because I wasted 3 hrs of my life waiting when I could have been home with my daughter. 

I came home, and at some point I said "God, You are bigger than this. If You want me to become pregnant, I will, if not, then please help me to accept it, and be content with having just one child, whom I love dearly" I always wanted a second child, and my daughter wanted a sibling, and I was crushed b/c I 'couldn't' give her one, but God was carrying me all along. 

While one day waiting for my daughter outside her school to come home in October, someone asked me, "are you planning on anymore children" I always dreaded this question, so instead of getting into all the details, I said jokingly "My dear, I couldn't get pregnant if I was standing on my head" We laughed, my heart was breaking. But in a small way, I was accepting it. 

In December, of this year, I started getting sick and feeling nauseated all the time. My mom told me to "go to the doctor, you're pregnant my dear" my response was, "mom, I'm not, I can't get pregnant" 

I gave up and went to the Doctor, December 4th, he told me the news that I was pregnant. I was in shocked, but needless to say very excited. 

My prayer was answered, God stored and kept my tears, and He heard my cries. I am now 4 months pregnant, and have complete trust in God that He will protect my baby and keep this baby healthy. 


Every time I go into my kitchen, I look up at my ultrasound pictures of my lil baby, and I thank God for this tiny miracle. I Found out I have PCOS June, 2009, Found out I was pregnant Dec, 2009. All in God's plan :)

By Melinda Flannigan.

Be Positive People, God dey look you with corner eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment